Spirulina is among the cyanobacteria, represented by the species Arthrospira platensis and Arthrospira maxima.
It is from them that we get green powder- spirulina. Cyanobacteria occur in Africa, South America and Asia. Their characteristic is the dark-blue color. It is famous for its adaptive abilities, thanks to which the meadows can adapt to different conditions.
Swanson spirulina is sold in the form of easy-to-swallow tablets.
The plant is characterized by an extremely rich nutritional composition!
- the most important ingredient is the high protein content, which ranges from 50 up to even 75%. It contains 12 endogenous amino acids and 8 exogenous amino acids. Thanks to this property, spirulina is a rich source of protein for people limiting meat consumption. It can be successfully used by vegetarians and vegans.
- Spirulina contains unique fatty acids, among which you should mention γ-linolenic acid, which is the most in spirulina, α-linolenic acid, stearidonic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid.
- the wealth of almost the entire set of vitamins, such as C, E, B vitamins: B1, B2, B6, K and PP, and minerals important for health: magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, sodium and phosphorus, which are characterized by high bioavailability .
- Spirulina also contains valuable folic acid (important for pregnant women) and panthenolic acid, flavonoids, beta-carotene, zeaxatin and glucosamine.
- research on this super algae confirms its beneficial effects on the human body. It has primarily anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anticancer effects.
- due to the rich amino acid profile, spirulina is a perfect complement to the diet for people looking for alternative sources of protein in the diet.
- antioxidants contained in the plant eliminate the effect of free radicals, which are one of the key factors affecting the development of cardiovascular disease and cancer. For its antioxidant effects are primarily responsible for: vitamin C, E beta-carotene and chlorophyll
- phycocyanin and phenylalanine present in spirulina reduce postprandial glycemia (elevated blood glucose after a meal)
- Spirulina is helpful in the control of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and helps maintain normal blood pressure;
- effectively stimulates the immune system to work, increasing the body's resistance to infections
- zeaxanthin, present in spirulina, helps keep your eyes healthy.
2 capsules 3 times a day